24th Annual Reading Round Up
Audience: Individuals who work with children and children's literature in public, private and educational settings. School and public librarians will be given preference until February 12, 2013. If there are spaces still available at that time, we will open the registration to people who do not work in libraries.
- ONLY online registration accepted - No mail-in registration - No registering at the door - No purchase orders; checks only
- Registering online does not reserve your place; you are not officially registered until your check is received.
- Each person needs an email address to register; the same email cannot be used twice
- Fee: $65. Payment must be received by April 1. Please confirm with your administration and/or your business office that you will in fact be allowed to attend Reading Round Up because there will be
NO REFUNDS after March 1, 2013; a large number of refund requests puts a strain on Maine State Library resources, and impacts our conference planning.
- Cancellations must be made by March 1 to receive a refund
- Make checks payable to: PPL/SMLD
- Mail checks to (include your name with check so we register the correct person):
Southern Maine Library District
5 Monument Square
Portland, ME 04101
Send personal check if school/library check may be delayed. Payment must be received by APRIL 1 to guarantee space. This conference usually sells out quickly so do not delay mailing check.
- Confirmations will be sent via email when you register and when your check is received. Workshop choices will not be in the email confirmation so please keep a record of your choices.
- A limited number of $65 scholarships (to be reimbursed after the conference) are available. See program for details.
- See 2013 Reading Round Up for complete schedule, workshop descriptions, speakers, scholarship information and more. Please print the program to refer to when filling out your registration because you canít toggle back and forth between the program and the registration form.
- Your name & library will appear on your name tag exactly as you type it when you register [Upper/lower case...not all lower or all upper]
- Email Elaine Bissonnette (email@example.com) before April 1 if you have a serious airborne food allergy or need special assistance. Please put "Diet" in the subject line when sending your email
- We reserve the right to cancel the conference and/or individual workshops if minimum registration is not met.
7:45 - Registration. Book Sales. Exhibits
8:15 - Opening Session
8:30-9:30 - Keynote Speaker: Kate Messner
9:30-10:15 - Break. Book Sales. Author Signings. Exhibits. YSS Business Meeting
10:15-11:15 - Session 1 Workshops
11:20-1:00 - Buffet Luncheon. Exhibits. Cream of the Crop
12:15-1:00 - Lupine, Katahdin, Chickadee, and Maine Student Book Awards
1:00-1:30 - Additional book signing subject to author availability
1:30-2:30 - Session 2 Workshops
2:35-3:35 - Session 3 Workshops
3:35-4:00 - Cookies and networking
4:00 - Adjourn